Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Road to Yesterday is a crocheted cowl worked in the round. With textured body, and trim with beautiful lace, you can make this cowl in any weight of yarn. You can get a cozy and warm cowl with heavier yarn for fall or winter, or dainty and lacey piece with lighter weight yarn to create a dramatic effect to your outfit.
As with all my other patterns, this pattern comes with row-by-row written direction in US crochet term and charts.
Yarn: Any lace, fingering or DK weight yarn.
Yardage needed for 20 (24, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 48)" / 50 (60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120) cm circumference:
Lace weight: 210 (260, 300, 350, 390, 430, 470, 510) m / 230 (285, 330, 385, 430, 470, 515, 560) yards.
Fingering weight: 160 (190, 220, 250, 280, 310, 340, 380) m / 175 (210, 240, 275, 310, 340, 375, 415) yards.
DK weight: 185(225, 265, 300, 335, 370, 410, 450) m / 200 (250, 290, 330, 370, 405, 450, 495) yards.
Hook: 3.5 mm (E) (adjust hook size accordingly to get gauge), 16 US / 0.60 mm steel crochet hook for beads (optional),
Removable stitch markers or scrap yarn,
70 (84, 98, 112, 126, 140, 154, 168) pcs size 8 beads for lace weight yarn or size 6 beads for fingering /DK weight yarn.
Circumference: 20 (24, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 48)" / 50 (60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120) cm
Height from top to bottom edge: 8" / 20 cm
Note: The measurements for lace weight, fingering, and DK weight is almost the same because the use of the same size hook. However, the fabric created is different. The lace weight is more open up and lacy and the DK is more dense and textured.
The Mystery KAL is divided into 7 Clues published every everyday (except Sunday) starting on 17 November 2016.
1st clue: Thursday, November 17th
2nd clue: Friday, November 18th
3rd clue: Saturday, November 19th
4th clue: Monday, November 21st
5th clue: Tuesday, November 22nd
6th clue: Wednesday, November 23rd
7th clue: Thursday, November 24th
You can buy the clues only for USD 3.5,- until November 30th. The price will be USD 5,- after that date.
Payment by Paypal and delivery by Ravelry, no accounts required. Credit cards accepted.
Road to Yesterday Cowl MCAL Pattern
add to cart
You can buy the kit from my Etsy store.
For this Kit, your will receive:
- One (1) skein of Rendezvous Cashmere DK (100% Cashmere) - 400 yards/187 meter/50 gram/skein enough to make the smallest size shawl (Circumference: 50 cm / 20"; Height: 20 cm / 8").
Note: if you want to make the larger size, you can buy 2 or 3 kits.
- Size 6 Toho/Miyuki beads enough to complete the project.
- Removable markers (2 pcs).
- Dental floss (1 strand).
- Pattern is NOT INCLUDED in this kit. You need to buy separately in Ravelry or my blog
- The kits are in limited quantity, once sold out, it's gone.
- For bigger yarn photos, click here.
- Payment by Paypal, no accounts required. Credit cards accepted. Shipping is FREE (please make sure to update your shipping address in Paypal). Please allow 10 - 21 days to reach your hand. - Latest date to order: October 6th, 2016.
- Once you bought the pattern, you’ll receive a notification every time a new clue is uploaded.
- You also need to sign up here and check from time to time for tips, additional information or revision.
- On your Ravelry Project Page: Click photo, then choose slurp from web, copy and paste this link: http://images4-b.ravelrycache.com/uploads/lprajogo/399152122/Road_to_Yesterday_MCAL_medium.jpg
Use this image as a first photo of your project page.
- To respect the other participants, do not post SPOILER in other thread/forum except the SPOILER thread until 1 weeks after the last clue.
- Use the tag roadtoyesterdaymcal on Ravelry, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
At the end of the MCAL, the participants will receive a copy of the complete pattern at no additional cost. Pattern is protected by copyright, so participants in the MCAL are required to not distribute copies of the clues or copies of the whole pattern.
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Monday, September 19, 2016
Outlander is a beautiful triangle shape shawl that both enjoyable to make and easy to wear. This shawl can be made both in lace or fingering weight yarn. As with all my other patterns, this pattern comes with row-by-row written direction in US crochet term and charts.
Any Lace weight or Fingering weight yarn.
Lace weight: 800 (1050, 1400, 1700) yards / 730 (960, 1280, 1555) meter. 1 (2, 2, 3) skeins of Rendezvous Pleasure 40% Cashmere/60% Silk; 880 yards /100g)
Fingering weight: 500 (750, 1000, 1250) yards / 460 (685, 915, 1150) meter. 2 (2, 3, 3) skeins of Rendezvous Timeless 50% Alpaca/25% Silk/25% Linen; 440 yards/100g)
You can buy the yarn used in the sample here.
2.75 mm (C) for lace weight yarn.
3.75 mm (F) for fingering weight yarn.
0.60 mm (16 US) steel crochet hook for beads (optional),
Removable stitch markers or scrap yarn.
526 (737, 984, 1265) size 8 beads for lace weight yarn (optional).
351 (526, 737, 984) size 6 beads for fingering weight yarn (optional).
Wingspan: 55 (65, 76, 86)" / 140 (166, 192, 219) cm.
Length at center back: 27 (31.5, 36, 41)" / 68 (80, 92, 104) cm.
Wingspan: 51 (63, 75, 87)” / 130 (160, 190, 220) cm
Length at center back: 24.5 (30, 35.5, 41)" / 62 (76, 90, 104) cm
All posts about this project.
add to cart
Shawl Collection to Crochet 3 e-book (consist of this pattern and 3 other patterns: Proud As A Peacock, Secret Garden, Wheel of Time)
add to cart
Sunday, September 18, 2016
I released this pattern as a MCAL (Mystery Crochet Along) started on 14 July and ended on 11 August. The body worked from side to side, then you work the edging on the 2 short sides. The body is really simple and almost like a filet crochet. It created nice plaid look. That is why I called this pattern OUTLANDER. To make it not so simple, I added tons of beads on the body (you can see the beads on the body on the second photo). You can use similar color beads with the yarn, or you can use contrast color beads to emphasize the plaid look. I also choose a dramatic looking edging to add the beauty of this shawl. Without further ado, here it is:
Materials: Rendezvous Timeless (440 yd/100g skein; 75% Alpaca / 20% Silk / 25% Linen) in Claire colorway
Quantity: 2 skeins
Beads: Toho Gold Luster Transparent Pink Size 6
Hook: 3.75 mm
Start Date: 17 June 2016
Finish Date: 8 July 2016
Finished Size on Blocking Board: Wingspan: 160 cm / 63" ; Depth: 76 cm / 30"