Friday, June 11, 2010

Trying My Hand at Designing Knitting Shawl


This yarn is Indigo Moon. Sorry that I forgot to take picture when it’s still in a skein. This yarn is given to me by the owner of Indigo Moon, Trish. This is the first sock yarn that I have. She gave me Majestic Purple colorway, and it’s very pretty. When the yarn arrived, I was still busy designing “Garden Path Shawl”, so I have to put aside this yarn for a while.

Since I am successfully managed to design a nice crocheted shawl, I was thinking to design a knitting shawl. I know that there are tons of gorgeous knitting shawl designs out there from experienced and famous designers. But, I have this pretty sock yarn in my possession that is simply a sin if I don’t use it. I don’t like knitting socks since I don’t wear socks. I can’t make cardigan or sweater using only 1 skein sock yarn. So what other choice to I have except use it to knit a shawl or scarf.

I grab my knitting stitch dictionary, and immediately I like this “Cathedral” pattern.





But, will it become a nice shawl?

2 comments:

Knit Purl Gurl said...

Love the cathedral pattern! I think you'll be able to design a gorgeous shawl or stole from that!!

knitterPat said...

Sure it will! It's a beautiful lace pattern :)