Thursday, June 12, 2008

FO: Lauri Dress

Remember about Lauri Dress? Finally I managed to take photo with Lauri as a model. I got a very good model. She was happy to model it for me. The pattern is also ready for sale. I will put it up for sale in the next post.


Actually Elann Sonata is a DK weight yarn, however, I felt that DK is too thick to my climate. The yarn is 4 ply, I remove 1 ply and make it only 3 ply to make it sport weight. The result is just nice.


I made the pocket apple shape, because I felt that just plain square pocket is boring. I am happy with the result as it really made this dress very cute. I also made the sleeves a bit ruffled by increasing in the shoulder. I made this dress a bit bigger so she can wear it longer. Too bad that I only have 5 balls of yarn, because I think I need another ball to make it longer.


Pattern: Lauri Dress

Source: Here

Materials: Elann Sonata. Color: Yellow. Qty: 5 x 50 gram

Needles: Addi Metal Circular Needle 3.50 mm

Total Cost: Yarn USD 10,- plus shipping USD 10,- Total USD 20,-

Start Date: 30 March 2008

Finish Date: 23 April 2008

All post about this project

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Lovely dress and pretty cutie !

Mimi said...

Congrats on another lovely creation!
And you have the perfect model for it :)

Knitcrazy said...

Hi Lily,
Lauri looks so sweet in the Dress..
I posted my progress in My Blog and I am sorry it has taken me longer to finish but the dress directions have worked out perfect..
Penny

Anonymous said...

Dear Lily Go,
I feel so fortunate to have found your Lauri dress pattern on Etsy. Now I have found your website and blog and am eager to work on not only the Laurie dress for my three-year-old granddaughter, Gwyneth, but other items for me. Thank you! Eugenie in Santa Rosa, California